Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Week of March 19th

Well we thought we would go another week without a letter, but late last night after we retired it came through.  Great way to wake up, a good letter from our son.

Well here is the letter from him.

Hello Everybody,
Sorry for the lack of a letter last week, it was not the best of days for me when we were e-mailing and I could not think of what to write. I am still in Canal Winchester and am doing a lot better. This past week, president asked us to read through the entire white hand book during our studies and after that, Elder Fullmer and I talked and we worked some things out. It would be great if you could send those along with the stuff I forgot to bring from Christmas. Also, for future reference, we will probably be moving apartments at the end of the month so any mail might want to be sent to the mission office after the package.
I am not sure what is meant by the bribery to get Elder Bednar to speak to the whole mission, and no, I did not include the fact that an Elder barfed from the second row, filling his scriptures and also getting the back of a senior missionaries suit coat. I felt bad for him and I thought that it would probably not be tasteful to send.
Mike was baptized on Saturday and confirmed yesterday, Best birthday present ever. his wife was at the baptism and I know that she could feel the spirit and knew that Mike was making the right decision. We are hoping to start teaching her shortly. I have found that I do not pray harder than when there is a baptism coming up.
Also Elder Smith was transfered and Elder Welch is training now. Also, Sister Weedon is training the one sister who will go home at the same time as me. It is weird to think about that the Sister who will go home the same time as me is in the field now.
Well, things out here are going well and I hope that you enjoy the pictures of Hocking Hills
Love,
Elder Rawlings

No comments:

Post a Comment