Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Week of 3-5 6 MONTHS THIS WEEK

We find it hard to believe he has been out for 6 months minus that little 2 week episode at home.  This week was better for Richard than last week, last week really had no "news" only a very down young man searching for solutions.  Well here is this week's letter.

Hello Everybody,
 
This week has been a lot better than last week. President called and as he said, we are sent out two by two, not four by four and we need to have as little interaction with the other set of missionaries as we can, and as I thought about it more, that is where the conflict came from was the interactions with the other set of Elders not from disagreements with my companion. President also told us that he is looking to break up the four-pad which would be a blessing  because I feel that more work would get done that way, but I am not sure he would do it because he told me when I first got into the area that he was looking at breaking it up.
 
On a happier note, this past Saturday, Elder Bednar came to our mission and gave us the opportunity to ask him questions and he asked us questions. It was a wonderful experience and I learned a lot from it, but as he told us, the reason that we need Apostles is for the keys they hold and not necessarily for for other reasons. I can not explain it as well as he did, but the point he made was driven home to me the following day on Sunday.
 
Sunday was Fast and Testimony meeting and the first person to get up was Josh Shremshock. He shared his conversion story with the congregation and as he spoke, I felt the spirit testify that he truly had a testimony of this Gospel and that the words that he spoke were true, and I felt the spirit a lot more at that time than I had at any point in the meeting with Elder Bednar including when I shook his hand. At that moment I knew that the Simple testimony of a recent convert could do more to strengthen my testimony of the Gospel than any amount of one on one time with an Apostle of the Lord in a Question and Answer setting. I can still remember how I felt as Josh bore his testimony as I am typing this and I am emotional and weeping for joy.
 
I know that this Gospel is true and that Christ did suffer and die for us that all that will come unto him and repent may be saved. I know that God loves us more than we could ever know in this life and that if we stay true and faithful, we can return to live with our Heavenly Father once again, and I know that as we strive to follow the commandments of God we will be blessed.
 
All my Love,
Elder Rawlings

No comments:

Post a Comment