Tuesday, September 11, 2012

WOW long time no update right?

Well I have to ask for a little slack here, the blog has suffered for the past few months.  Richard has been sending letters if that is what one would call a few short lines.  He is in a new area, Wilmington, Ohio.  Since the last post he has endured a threesome, and all the stuff that goes with that.  Here is the latest letter, I will try to be better at updating this regardless of the amount of info we get from Richard.

This is the letter from 4 Sept 2012

Hello Everyone!
 
This week we had transfers. For those of you who do not know, I am in:
 
30 Farquhar st.
Apt. #7
Wilmington, OH
 
That is in the Cincinnati East Zone. So far in my 5 days here, I have heard a lot about the Cincinnati Reds and how they are apparently doing very good. Also, I have heard a lot about Romney for the first time in my mission. Things here in Wilmington are doing pretty good. we have a few potentials for baptism and we are working on getting many of our investigators to the Columbus Crew soccer game for "Mormon Night" going on on the 19th of this month. We have a lot of members that will be bringing there friends and family to the game and it will be a wonderful time to get back intouch with some of the people from my old areas. I am loving it out here and I am still learning all of the investigators that we have, and there are a lot!
 
I love you all and I am loving it here in Ohio serving the Lord.
 
Love,
Elder Rawlings
 
And here is 10 Sept 2012
 
 
Hello Everyone!
 
This week has been a great week! I am becoming a bit more acquainted with the area and I am getting to know the investigators a lot better and know what is going on with them better. Last time I forgot to include my new comps name in my letter and I apologize for that. His nave is Elder Larsen and he is from Denver Colorado. I will have pictures next week for you and more info.
 
Anyway, things are going well and I am very excited about one of our investigators that we are teaching. Her name is Shery and I have met up with her once and she talked about joining the chuch eventually befor we even brought the subject of baptism up. She is very interested in lerning about our church and has been reading and praying about the Book of Mormon and she has not receaved her answere yet, but that will come over time.
 
Over this past week with my year mark, it is hard to believe that it has been a year, but I know that it has been and I have doen a bit of reflecting on where I was a year ago. A year ago, I thought I knew what it ment to love the people that you serve, but I have figured out that I had no idea what it ment and that I now have a clearer understanding of what it means to have Charity toward all men and what it is to love those you serve. Also, I notice that my teaching, talking with others, as well as testifying to others has improved greatly over the past year. There are many other things that have increase as well, and I know that I have greater potential to improve if I humble myself and let God lead my and take me where he would have me go.
 
I love you all and I am greatfull to be able to have this oportunity to serve the Lord .
 
Love,
Elder Rawlings

No comments:

Post a Comment